Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Creating during Covid 2

 What I have learned is the saying- If I only had more time I would.... is a complete lie.

I have been locked down since March and I have NOT read those books on my night stand, exercised more, lotioned my legs, curled or deep conditioned my hair.  My yard does NOT look great.  I have NOT fixed the plumbing on my brilliant outdoor sink.  I am not spending any more time cooking great new meals.

I have spent waaaaayyyy too much time playing on the computer. I've learned a little more about social media. 

I HAVE gotten in touch with friends and relatives that I haven't talked to in a long time.

I have day dreamed much more.

I have taken some time to just BE occasionally. 

I believe that when Covid passes we will all jump right back into the same rat race we say we don't want- being too busy for the things we say we REALLY want to do.

The truth is- every day we all have the exact same amount of time no matter what is going on. 24 hours. So NOW is the time.  Create, live, love, enjoy!!

Has Covid changed anything about how you will spend your time when it's over?

Are you taking advantage of the conveniences and benefits along with complaining about the difficulties it has brought to so many?

Are you going to wish you would have...... while you had the time?

Or are you going to go show off all you accomplished when you had the time to FOCUS on passion projects or your to- do's?


I am choosing to explore new creative outlets, business avenues, painting styles and challenge myself to be more comfortable with this very format I am struggling with at this very moment.

This painting is on light cotton.  I used DecoArt fabric paints because I like the softness and the control I get compared to acrylics.  The humming bird is almost magical to me.  So tiny and fast and can do things other birds can not.  I love the assorted colors found in the different varieties of humming birds. Small but mighty might sum up my point.

Don't underestimate the importance of  a small act if kindness or the extra quiet time you may have right now. Use this time to do something astounding or confounding!  

I can't wait to see and hear what you come up with.

Please SHARE with me.  You are all my muses in one way or another.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm still struggling with the new balance, as I'm a "routine" driven gal. At 64, my cognition is not what it used to be, so daily routine is helpful in many areas of my daily life. I'm embracing many new challenges, and still, sometimes looking over my shoulder at the darkness that creeps about. Peace and love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing. It's good to know there are real people out there!! I am 62 and my focus and energy does not keep up with the enthusiasm that rolls around in my head these days. PEOPLE give me energy. Interaction gives me energy. Covid is making me learn to listen to my inner voices instead of racing from one thing to another constantly. Are you an artist as well? I was hoping to be Child LIKE but instead I am so childish I can not seem to embrace a routine during Covid. Keep the Creepers away with Creativity. They hate that! Enjoy1

      Delete

CRAFT ADDICT, not a hoarder

(This art was made from an old branch a friend was throwing out that I grabbed off the roadside.) This blog post is to validate my opinion t...